Monday, 24 March 2008

New Eyes

Well, it's been awhile since our last post. Sorry folks. I (Campbell) wanted to make our blog pretty with pictures and stuff, but our pictures were taking forever to load. So I've got to figure out how to make them smaller.

Anyhow, figure I could write a quick update for y'all.

I'm getting LASIK tomorrow. Today is my last day to look through these lenses. (You can't see. But I'm wearing glasses right now.) So how am I feeling? Well, I'm excited. But I'm also nervous.

Well-meaning friends keep telling me about all these articles that they've read about the negative consequences of these surgeries. So I tried talking to people who have done the surgery. And they're no help, either. At first when I ask them, they're all raving about the surgery. "It's one of the best thing I've done in my life." "I love the freedom of not having to wear glasses."

To which I ask, "And you didn't have any problems?"

And that's when the big, "WELL" comes along.

"WELL . . . I had DRY EYES for about 6 months. But now I'm fine."
"WELL . . . I saw halos around lights for 4 months. But now I don't . . . oh wait, yes I do. But it's not that bad."
"WELL . . . I love that I can see without glasses. Except I still need to glasses to read things up close, because of my age."

HMMM. I know everyone is different and responds differently. But all of this is not too reassuring.

Anyhoo, I'm still going through with it. Call me crazy. So pray for me. Pray that the surgery will go smoothly. And pray that I can be careful. I'll definitely need to watch it for the next few weeks. No swimming, no splashing my face with water, wearing huge goggles everywhere, no rubbing my eyes, wearing special lenses to bed.

But it'll all be worth it. I think?

=) If y'all have any stories to share. I'd love to hear it.

1 comment:

Macchiatto said...

Ooh, that's exciting! But yeah, I'll pray. :) And I'm so proud of you for updating! Woohoo!